Aren't hugs the greatest things in the world? The simple action that means so much. The simple action that you can't go without. The simple action that makes you happy. The feeling of warmth you get when two bodies touch - this is truly the greatest feeling in the world.
I picked a pocket just to give it all back
Took out the license left the money intact
The man said, 'I wanna thank you' and I had to ask why
And he said, 'that was the old me - I was living a lie'
Met an acquaintance - we were reintroduced
With more in common than we had in our youth
She told me, 'you look the same' I said, 'I'm now a new man'
She asked me 'how does that work?' - 'I started giving a damn'
Food for Thought
1. A newborn baby will have no idea of spatial dimensions. Hence, everything it sees will seem three dimensional, but it will have no idea of where objects come from within its field of vision. For example, a baby sees his father's face entering and exiting his field of vision. Although the face is seen 3D, the baby has no perception of its surroundings, and the origins of this mysterious face which moves around. Only when the baby has the strength to explore its surroundings does the baby get the hang of the concept of spatial dimensions, and can deduce that the face is not a floating 3D shape, but in fact the face of his father.
2. What does 'dying' actually mean? Technically, everyone is dying from the moment sperm meets egg to create life, for it is in that exact moment that this newly created life form will be sentenced to exist for a set amount of years, and then die. Of course, this is just another case of 'a glass half empty.' However, humans tend to think of how much they've lived rather than how much they have to live. Is this because we are ignorant of the time of our deaths? A young person will think of his age, rather than how long he has to live. On the other hand, an old man will spend his days thinking of how much he has to live. Would humans live life to their fullest, if they knew when they were going to die? And this is not a case of 'you are going to die tomorrow', but a case of a ten year old child finding out somehow that he will die at the age of 72. Would this child's life be affected by this information? Or would this not bother him and only be of concern when this person turns, say, 71, and knows he only has a year to live?
May not make much sense, but felt the need to rant :)
Played hammer throws with sports bag again after school :D did this EPIC throw and managed to get my bag stuck on a tree - had to get jeff on ray's shoulders standing on a table to get it down. Very hilarious, refer to ray for video :D
Currently: shoulder kills + in dire need of a HUG
-Rkim
AWWW, I'LL HUG YOU TOMORROW
ReplyDeleteYes, if a dude knows when he will die, he'll live differently. I reckon.
ReplyDeleteLike in FlashForward, [SPOILERS !]
if you didn't get a flashforward, it'd mean you died before the date, right. So there was this "suicide cult" kinda established for those who didn't have flashforwards... and they actually went there to die.
And that took me ages to wrap my head around because IT'S A HUGE GIGANTIC CIRCLE !!
But yeah, I think it's the not knowing about our deaths that keep us living. :/