I moved wards today. I got sent to the place where old people go when they are really sick and stuff. And when they get better they can graduate to the rehab area which I was in before. This meant no play and exercise time in the afternoon =(
My nurse today was really nice and I thought she was pretty babe, but Adrian said no =/ Otherwise she was super friendly and told me she was getting married in October and lived near the Blue Mountains! But she kept doing really blonde stuff like dropping syringes and knocking over old people’s orange juice.
Day three of work experience, and conversation with the elderly was going further downhill. My nurse was showering this woman so I had to go to talk to the other guy in the ward. He didn’t say much. Literally.
Richard: How are you, sir?
Old guy: I’m fine. What’s your name?
R: I’m Richard.
OG: Oh. *falls asleep*
I didn’t know how to react to that, so I just edged away from him as far as possible, and tried to look innocent when my nurse came out.
ANOTHER SPONGE BATH. The woman who was getting bathed today had only ONE BOOB coz of breast cancer. And she had some sores and itches on her you-know-what’s so I had to watch my nurse rub ointment on it. Thank god for the towel covering.
And I’m getting sick of these sponge baths. Bring out the crap pile!
CRAP PILE: sponge baths
Went off to morning break, and visited Adrian coz we were just a corridor apart. It was funny coz we would randomly pop up in eachothers wards when we had nothing to do. Went back after 30 min and found that my nurse was just starting her break so I joined her in the tea room. Listened to her bitch about her supervisor (who I didn’t like much either) and helped her do some multiplications to calculate IV drip rates.
Lunch was very long for me, since my nurse didn’t care when I came back. Adrian did his tuition homework during lunch, and others were buying scoops of mashed potato for 85 cents. Managed to convince Victoria for a while that they were scoops of ice cream, but unfortunately she noticed the steam coming off them.
Post-lunch boredom kicked in, so went to Adrian's ward and worked on my booklet. Found answers at back of book, so Adrian was reading them out as I filled in this crossword. When we got to 49 across, he read ‘buttocks’ but I realised that it didn’t fit, only after I had written B-U-T-T and he started to crack up T.T So changed the word to ‘butter’ and crossed it out to reduce suss-ness.
Went to tea room, watched Oprah and ready steady cook while Adrian finished off tuition hw. Otherwise unproductive afternoon and good day of w/e :)
OH YEAH and somebody came up to me today and said a Mr. Manot called from my school and asked to call him back. Puzzled, I rang the number and found that it was Chandra (!) I was like holy moly mother of god why didn’t I get Ms Chen like Adrian did. But you can see where they got Mr Manot from: Chandra -> Manoj -> Manot LMAO
FUN GAME TO PLAY WITH STRANGERS: when a stranger is being nice to you, and starts a conversation, answer all the questions as if you are someone else. i.e. build an alter ego.
Example: today the cleaner lady started talking to me, and asked if I wanted to do nursing. I said I was thinking about it, but I wasn’t sure because most of my family and relatives are artists and professional musicians. So I told her maybe I shouldn’t branch off to such a different kind of career. And then the woman became full sympathetic and supportive of me and kept saying that I should pursue what I like, and not what my family tells me to do LOL
Anyway, like I said, it’s pretty fun to be someone you’re not. But remember to pick a person who you are SURE you will never see again. Be an ass, not an idiot.
NOTE TO MAX: please discuss with the second of the legendary baboons for possible mass changes within the baboon community. Please remember that our promotion is not based upon your inferiority, but our experience. You too, will be promoted in due time. We just feel that it is time to relinquish our position to pave way to other potential baboonians.
OMG YOU ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS.
ReplyDelete"Example: today the cleaner lady started talking to me, and asked if I wanted to do nursing. I said I was thinking about it, but I wasn’t sure because most of my family and relatives are artists and professional musicians. So I told her maybe I shouldn’t branch off to such a different kind of career. And then the woman became full sympathetic and supportive of me and kept saying that I should pursue what I like, and not what my family tells me to do LOL"
LOLOLOLOL AHAHAHAHHAHA
me and samuel are now Supreme Commanders. muhahahaha
ReplyDelete